It is necessary when you are trying to periodically clean a NuTone bathroom fan parts. As do signs of decreased efficiency, audible noise from an operating NuTone fan indicates that the fan should be cleaned. The lifespan of the fan will be increased when you are cleaning the NuTone bathroom fan parts when necessary, and perhaps, since it will not need to be used as often to accomplish the task of removing moisture from the air in the bathroom, a small dent will be made in the electricity usage.
So, to clean Nutone bathroom fan parts, you must be following the instructions below:
Things you will need: ¼ inch socket head wrench, Soft cloth, Vacuum dust attachment, Newspaper, All-purpose cleaner and Cotton swabs.
- Since leaving the switch turned on during the project may result in injury, ensure that the NuTone fan switch is turned off.
- The fan cover should be grasped then be pulled down for about 4 inches to see a slider spring clip on each side of the fan cover. The spring clip needs to be pinched together then remove it by pulling it down away from the fan cover. Remember that there is one on each side of the fan.
- Do not remove the three screws that are visible from the front of the fan, though you need to loosen it. Each screw will only need four or five turns with a ¼ inch socket head wrench.
- The fan housing must be pulled away from the wall for about ½ inch. By allowing the fan assembly to drop down, remove it from the housing, but as there is a cord attached, do not more than eight inches. You can see the 100-volt fan cord, it must be unplugged from in the socket and the fan assembly should be better placed on some newspaper.
- The wall or ceiling housing is ready to be cleaned with a vacuum dust attachment or a soft cloth and some all-purpose spray cleaner.
- In order to release the fan and motor from the housing, you are required to remove three screws from the fan housing with the ¼ inch socket. However, when taking it out of the housing, do not ever bang the fan.
- Take a cloth and all-purpose spray cleaner to clean the fan housing; the fan housing should be cleaned as well as other NuTone bathroom fan parts. Ensure that the vent flap is able to move freely without coming in contact with lint or dust.
- The fan blade must be scrubbed with cotton swabs dipped in all-purpose cleaner. If you are bending the blade inadvertently, the fan is damaged.
- The fan should be plugged back together and hook it back up to the electricity. It should run quietly and disperse moisture from the air in an efficient manner.